Puppy Mill Stomp
Buster’s Vision Education Tool
PUPPY MILL STOMP!
End Animal Abuse & Stomp Puppy Mills Out!
What Is A Puppy Mill?
A puppy mill is an inhumane facility that breeds dogs commercially, putting value and profits over the well-being and health of the dogs being used as “breeding machines”. To the surprise of many, these facilities are legal and provide their “products” to most pet stores, pet auctions, or through classified ads on the internet.
Due to the extremely low level of regulation and legal requirements for commercial breeders, puppy mills do everything they can to maximize profit production at the cost of humanely maintaining the countless of dogs they have in “production”. Puppy mills have adopted a factory mindset, pumping out as many puppies as possible while minimizing costs by ignoring their health and keeping them in deplorable conditions.
Puppy Mill Facts:
- There are an estimated 10,000 puppy mills in the United States, with fewer than 3,000 being registered and licensed by the USDA.
- The Midwest has the largest concentration of puppy mills, with Missouri housing the most.
- The estimated number of puppy mill puppies sold each year is 2.4 million.
- It is estimated that there are 800,000 adult dogs confined for breeding purposes in unlicensed and licensed puppy mills across the nation. 99% of puppies being sold in pet stores are from puppy mills.
*Source: The National Puppy Mill Project
What You Can Do To Stomp Puppy Mills Out:
- Adopt, don’t shop!
- Spread the word by sharing the video above and educating potential dog owners on puppy mills and pet stores.
- Support legislation that reduces and regulates breeding of animals. Support animal-friendly candidates.
Post by Alejandra Gonzales